- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Create a Single-source Solution for Multiplatform Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - August 15, 2014
Director, Learning Design
Time Warner Cable
At many companies, several departments touch common content; technical documentation writers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers are often creating similar documentation. Single-source content development is a learning infrastructure strategy that allows learning organizations more agility in the delivery readiness of performance-support materials for multiple audiences and modalities. Instructional developers can maintain the structure and integrity of their learning content while delivering performance-support materials that require less development time. By utilizing a single-source repository, all involved parties are working off one source document but viewing and editing the content through their own customized view.
Participants in this session will learn how to design a sustainable, flexible learning solution. You’ll learn strategies for designing modular, reusable content customizable by audience, reduce content redundancy, and streamline training-materials production. You’ll discover how to use Microsoft’s InfoPath and SharePoint tools to create an in-house single-source repository. You will learn best practices for deployment and have access to an InfoPath template and documentation on implementation strategies.
In this session, you will learn:
- The concept of single-source content development
- How the single-source content strategy reduces development time and costs
- The tools available to create an in-house learning content management system (LCMS) customized to the organization
- The value of learning-design schemas to create reusable learning products for multiple audiences and formats
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs and others with some knowledge of Microsoft’s InfoPath and SharePoint single-source repository, XML, XSL, and XSD.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA