- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
We Have Mobile Video—We Need Storage and Standardization
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - August 15, 2014
The future is here! The mobile advocates among us were right. Mobile technologies have already revolutionized how we capture knowledge in almost every industry. Today anyone can point a device—smart phone, laptop, webcam, GoPro, Google Glass, or any of dozens more—and record information. Today, the problem isn’t how to use mobile technology to capture knowledge. It’s how to manage and share all the mobile video we’ve enabled. Multiple standards exist and continue to evolve. The range of recording devices has left us with video files that we can’t easily access, edit, and view on any device. We need a means to standardize all this content—without asking our content producers to re-shoot all their videos. The analysts at Gartner have recommended that organizations adopt a video-content management system (VCMS) to address the new need to standardize organizational video.
Participants in this session will learn how a VCMS can integrate a field’s worth of disparate mobile recording devices and help you build the case for getting the right VCMS for your organizations’ needs. You’ll learn what you need to know in order to successfully deploy a mobile-friendly video-content management system in your learning environment. You’ll get an up-to-the-second view of what’s possible in mobile video management, and insights into the right performance features to expect and the questions to ask when discussing how to implement a VCMS in your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How a VCMS system can integrate a variety of mobile recording devices
- The current state of VCMS solutions, including what’s available, what’s possible, and what questions to ask of VCMS providers
- How to overcome common challenges that organizations have encountered when deploying video content
- How to build a case for sourcing, building, or enhancing your VCMS in order to best take advantage of your mobile video
- How a VCMS can integrate all of your mobile recording devices, standardize output, and make it available to view on any device
Intermediate-level designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and others who are familiar with standard mobile recording tools including webcams and smartphones and aware of newer developments in wearable technology like Google Glass. Those with some knowledge of how video is stored will find additional insights in formatting standards.
Back to Library