- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
It Really Is All Fun and Games: Sales Training Goes Mobile at AutoTrader
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - September 19, 2014
Mobile App Analyst, Learning Technologies and Measurement
Cox Automotive Companies
Senior Manager, Training Initiatives & Curriculum Design
Cox Automotive Media Sales Organization
The AutoTrader.com sales-training department designed an innovative strategy to support their fall product releases to a team of over 700, going completely mobile rather than using traditional classroom and eLearning. The strategy employed a combination of mobile core content, performance-support video and documents, scenario-based learning, and manager coaching and support. Partnering with the sales-training team, the AutoTrader “MyLearning” mobile application was used to deploy 21 nuggets of core content and 41 support resources structured via gamification and badging.
In this case-study session you will learn how they built the innovative strategy for learning to 700 sales employees. You will explore the important role change-management played, both in the field and with executives. You will leave this session understanding the successes and challenges of the deployment, including the technological successes and the lessons learned from this type of organizational change.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use mobile and performance support to enable learning in the field
- How to overcome cultural and technology hurdles for a successful rollout
- How to ensure achieving buy-in across learning, sales departments, and the technology partners
- How to ensure new skills are enabled to support the initiative
Novice through advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)