- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Bringing It All Together: Optimizing the Graphic Interface for Memory, Engagement, and Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - November 14, 2014
Interface Design for Learning
Research has shown that people will judge a website (or your learning program) in less than a second based on what they see, which includes the visual content, the icons, the arrangement, and all other aspects that make up a graphical user interface. More importantly, once they’ve engaged with your eLearning environment, the design of the interface will either boost their learning or become an obstacle, and the difference in developing an engaging environment lies in knowing the principles specific to interface design for learning.
Participants in this session will examine what instructional designers and developers can do to optimize the interface for the cognitive and emotional sides of learning. You’ll also see what research in psychology and education tells us about how quality graphics can increase memory, motivation, creativity, and learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The anatomy of the user interface (including navigation, information architecture, information design, and interaction)
- How to optimize visuals for memory, engagement, creativity, and various types of learning objectives
- The role of usability in effective eLearning
- How interface design fits into the larger notion of the user experience (UX) and what we can learn from UX to design better learning experiences
- How to add interface design for learning to your skill set
Novice-through-advanced designers, developers, project managers, and others who make design decisions about the visuals, interface, and graphic content of eLearning environments.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA