- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Social Media: It’s Not Just an “I Love Me” Wall
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - December 12, 2014
As training budgets shrink, the burden of remaining professionally up-to-date falls to employees. Everyone is interested in improving performance, but opportunities to master new skills in a brick-and-mortar setting are decreasing. Social media provides an opportunity to connect with communities of like-minded professionals, share information and resources, and even talk to thought leaders in your area of expertise.
Participants in this session will learn the basics for maximizing the professional-development possibilities available through Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You’ll learn how find and join discussions, ask questions, share resources, and create communities with others in your areas of interest. You will have an opportunity to engage in discussions and view and post professional content via social media. Materials provided include instructions for creating accounts and utilizing the various features of each of the social-media outlets discussed.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a powerful social-media profile
- How to use social media to connect with thought leaders in your areas of expertise
- How to use social media to become part of a community of professionals
- How to develop and expand your personal learning network (PLN)
Novice and intermediate participants should have a basic familiarity with social-media platforms including Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager