- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Task Management for Training Development
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2014 - December 12, 2014
Maricopa Community College District
Training development often relies on creative and collaborative work, which can be hard to manage efficiently for clear progress towards outcomes. Additionally, without proper task management, working with a content management and facilitation team can cause confusion, delays, or redundancy in the development process. This session will provide clear resources for a training lead or instructional designer in creating training plans—and tasks related to those plans—to guide a collaborative team towards an end goal. These resources are adaptable to different size teams and types of organizations. With a clear plan, and understanding of how to effectively use tasks, leaders can support a training team to be innovative and productive.
This session focuses on the role of a lead in a training development and facilitation team when designing a clear path for training development, as well as consistently and efficiently managing tasks for project completion. You’ll discuss task templates, workflows, and interactions for efficient collaboration of a training-content management and facilitation team, as well as how to work with subject-matter experts and/or a project manager.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to analyze and break down an organization’s training needs into concrete tasks
- How to design and develop training plans that are adaptable and flexible for a collaborative training development team
- How to outline and schedule clear tasks for multiple roles within a training development and facilitation team
- How to express tasks in a clear and consistent way for training development
- How to evaluate and support a training development team through effective task management and feedback
Novice and intermediate participants with basic instructional-design knowledge or basic project-management knowledge.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA