- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Sustainable Learning Through Comprehensive Training and Increased Engagement
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - January 28, 2015
ASPIRE Consulting Group
Organizations spend more than 60 billion dollars on training every year. Unfortunately, research shows that little of this information is retained and even less is ever transferred back to the workplace. One problem is that we deliver training as a discrete event. For example, we provide managers with a two-hour leadership seminar and then expect their management style will improve and they will implement the changes. Neuroscience research shows, however, that people retain little from individual training events. Instead, reliable learning, retention, and transfer occur only when we engage students in a comprehensive training program that supports their learning in the days and weeks after training.
What are the components of a comprehensive program and how do we get people to engage with it? Research suggests that some of the components include gap assessment, priming, incentives, social learning, gamification, and cognitive boosting and assessment. In this session, we will review each of these components and explore ways to incentivize learners to become enthusiastic participants.
In this session, you will learn:
- The neuroscience reasons why even high-quality one-off training sessions fail to produce retention and transfer
- The components of a comprehensive training program
- How to help your organization implement an incentive system that promotes engagement with a comprehensive training program
- The role of gap assessment and priming in long-term retention
Anyone who has an interest in helping the training program become more engaging and more effective.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK