- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Technology to Enhance Learner Engagement: Case Studies
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - January 28, 2015
Northwest Area Health Education Center
Engaging learners in both traditional and online environments has always been a challenge because learners expect more than passive experiences. Technology provides promise and also presents new challenges . The Northwest Area Health Education Center tried many ways to incorporate technology to enhance levels of learner engagement. These technologies included audience response (clickers), lecture capture, live stream, video conference, unified messaging, ad-hoc training, personalization, blended learning modules, Articulate Presenter, Articulate Storyline, SMS/BYOD, mobile, social media, and more.
In this session, you’ll examine case studies of actual programs that have integrated various technologies to enhance learner engagement. You’ll learn about some new methods for bringing together learners at a distance, and various future possibilities of technology to enhance learner engagement.
In this session, you will learn:
- About various attempts Northwest Area Health Education Center made to increase learner engagement using technology
- Results of their learner evaluations for multiple modalities
- New methods of bringing together learners at a distance
- Future possibilities of using technology for enhancing learner engagement
Novice and intermediate project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, and other facilitators and educators familiar with classroom and online education activities.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA