- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Learning from Marketing: Building Engagement for Self-directed Learners
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - January 29, 2015
Chief Innovation Officer
Getting self-directed learners to jump into their LMS and click through the curriculum can be as simple as individual requirements and goals. But people are more effective learners when they are engaged and eager to interact with the content. While we in the training world have struggled with this, the marketing world has had great success in this area.
In this session, you’ll explore a number of techniques used in the marketing field that you can apply to building engagement in advance of learning programs. You’ll also explore the types of marketing techniques that can ruin engagement, discuss ways you can tweak and adapt marketing techniques to better serve organizational learning, and leave this session with a plan and components you can use to market your learning content.
In this session, you will learn:
- The core elements that help marketers engage viewers
- How you can leverage those elements to engage learners in advance of learning programs
- Which elements can ruin engagement
- An example of a plan and components for marketing learning content
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, managers, directors, and VPs who understand their learners’ consumption habits.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager