- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
We Need Something More Than Blended Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - February 25, 2015
As designers of adult learning solutions, we are dedicated people who want to make a difference to the organizations we serve. Sometimes, however, our interventions fail to hit the target and leave us feeling frustrated. However carefully we have crafted our sessions and materials, they have made only a temporary impact on the learners’ journeys. Clearly, we need to do something different.
Blended solutions, which combine different social contexts for learning (learning alone, one-to-one, in cohorts, and from wider communities), different strategies, and different modalities allow us to overcome the weaknesses inherent in solutions that use only a single approach. However, too many blended solutions address only the formal elements in a solution: they fail to adequately prepare the learner to make the best of the experience, allow adequate opportunities for application back to the job, and then follow-up with on-going support. Major workplace learning interventions require an “end-to-end” approach—something more than blended learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- What blended learning really means in 2015
- How blended learning can integrate formal, social, and experiential learning
- How to design blends that deliver end-to-end solutions
- How to achieve highly flexible, scalable, and cost-effective results without compromising on effectiveness
- How to build blended learning design skills in your organization
Intermediate and advanced designers of learning interventions, consultants, managers, and executives. No specific knowledge needed but experience in designing adult learning interventions would be helpful.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA