- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Training Knowledge Workers Virtually at the World Bank
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - February 25, 2015
Knowledge & Learning Officer
Like many organizations in today’s increasingly global marketplace, the Asia Pacific Region of World Bank Group has a workforce in 20 countries. The regional team has the daunting task of training global staff in an efficient manner. Because World Bank knowledge workers are also mobile and tech savvy, moving training to a virtual classroom that workers can access on a laptop or mobile device was a logical solution.
In this session, you will learn how to efficiently convert existing training programs and develop new ones. You will explore a four-step model that provides a framework for virtual training for both operational and soft-skills topics. You will discover the importance of planning as part of the model, because virtual training is a lot like video and audio broadcasting, where many hours are needed to prepare for a broadcast, and disruptions and mistakes are amplified. You will leave the session with a toolkit for live virtual training and for calculating carbon footprint reduction when you replace face-to-face training with virtual training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply a four-step model for designing and delivering virtual classroom training
- How to determine facilitation team members, and the skills needed for each role
- How to develop strategies to adjust content, images, and exercises for a global audience from in-person training to a virtual classroom
- Best practices to avoid pitfalls when planning logistics for virtual classroom training
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, and managers with an understanding of the virtual classroom from either the participant or facilitator perspective, and with a general understanding of a virtual classroom tool such as Adobe Connect, WebEx, GoToMeeting, or Saba Classroom.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST