- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Failure To Launch—Expecting the Unexpected in Virtual Training
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - February 26, 2015
Global Learning Program Manager
While virtual synchronous training is quickly becoming a standard method for delivering learning and performance-support services, both technical and logistical challenges can arise when preparing to train virtually, simply because this method is full of challenges. How do you prepare best for worst-case scenarios in the virtual classroom? By knowing your options and being prepared, you can avoid many of the basic technical pitfalls that can be a hit not only to your confidence but to the confidence of your students.
Participants in this session will explore several strategies and options for resolving a “failure to launch” in the virtual classroom. These include over-the-phone coaching without video, handling a loss of audio by creatively using chat clients and whiteboards, and free and/or low cost back-up options to have on hand in case you need to save the day. You'll also brainstorm to identify some other disaster-recovery options.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to conduct disaster-recovery planning for virtual training
- Options for alternative audio and video delivery when technical challenges occur
- Tactics to use when bandwidth and connectivity affect your presentation materials
- What to do when everything goes wrong in virtual training and failure is NOT an option
Intermediate designers, developers, and other learning and performance-support deliverers with eLearning tools experience including some configuration and troubleshooting.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager