- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Enhancing Learning and Course Design with Free, Open Multimedia
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - April 23, 2015
You might want to add multimedia to your online courses to enhance student engagement and learning, but multimedia creation can be expensive and time consuming, putting it out of reach for many small organizations.
Participants in this session will learn a simple six-step process for locating, evaluating, and integrating open educational resource (OER) multimedia into your courses without breaking your budget. You’ll learn concrete steps for locating, evaluating, and integrating OER multimedia, and get tips for searching the major databases. You’ll see a demonstration on locating and using discipline-specific databases, and rubrics for evaluating the multimedia you find. In this session, we will be using MERLOT, McGraw-Hill Campus Library, Google, and other discipline-specific databases to search on-the-spot for multimedia that can enhance your eLearning courses.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to locate OER multimedia
- How to evaluate OER multimedia for quality
- How to integrate OER multimedia successfully into your course
- How to support OER multimedia with effective instructional practices
- How to reduce the multimedia budget of your organization without sacrificing quality
Novice designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives who have a general idea of the course-design process, some courses in mind that could benefit from the addition of multimedia, and the desire to save time and money for their organizations.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO