- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Lessons Learned from Standing Up an LMS (Twice)
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - May 20, 2015
Manager, Corporate Learning & Development
The complexity of standing up a learning management system (LMS) is much greater than most people would understand—even those in our industry. Some elements of an LMS might seem insignificant, but can have dramatic effects on the way an LMS performs.
In this session, you will explore capturing data from a legacy LMS and the challenges learning professionals may face in trying to carry the data into a new system. You will leave this session able to assess the condition of your current LMS and what you will need to update to reduce errors in a new system.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify many specific needs you must consider in implementing a learning management system (LMS)
- How to identify data in your legacy LMS that is necessary to make a clean transfer to a new system
- To assess the condition of your current courses and what you will need to update to reduce errors in the new LMS
- To recognize key players, their roles, and players you otherwise could not foresee
- The level and type of support you will need, both internally and externally
Intermediate and advanced project managers, managers, directors, and CLOs. It will be beneficial to have a baseline understanding of what an LMS is, how it can be used, and the complexity of the system.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA