- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Games and Gamification for Learning: What Do We Know?
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - September 9, 2015
President and Chief Product Officer
Professor of Instructional Technology and Director of the Institute for Interactive Technologies
Games and gamification have captured the mind-set of learning and development professionals around the world. It seems that every time you turn around, there is a new gamified approach to learning or a new learning game that someone is implementing. Games/gamification seem to hold tremendous potential for overcoming traditional “boring eLearning.” But there are questions: How do we know that games/gamification really work for learning? How do they affect memory and retention?
Drawing from academic studies and practical case studies, participants in this session will explore the answers to these questions. You’ll hear two experts discuss how games and gamification positively impact learning, how that learning happens, and when it’s best to implement games and gamification.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can use games/gamification to increase retention and knowledge
- How companies have used games/gamification for positive impact
- How playing a game or using gamified learning impacts learning and memory
- How to intelligently implement a game/gamification for maximum learning impact
- About the current trends in and expected future for games/gamification for learning
Intermediate to advanced learning professionals.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST