- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Games and Gamification to Help All Employees Fulfill Their Most Important Job Responsibility
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - September 10, 2015
The Thiagi Group
The need for learning is constant and constantly changing. Whether you are a CEO or a janitor, an instructional designer or an engineer, your most important job requirement is to continuously learn the latest skills, knowledge, regulations, and attitudes relevant to your job. But how can learning professionals make learning more engaging—and fun!—for employees?
Based on his 92 years of experience (counting previous lifetimes), Thiagi has figured out how to wrap a wide range of game designs, from the casual to serious, around different instructional content resources and procedures to make the task of learning more engaging and the work of assessment more authentic. To moderate his exuberance, Tracy brings a significant dose of wicked reality from the corporate firing lines of a multicultural and multinational organization. Together, they will share a realistic picture and several practical guidelines on how you can optimize the power of games and gamification for learning in your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- What we don’t know about games and gamification
- What we know about the limitations of games and gamification, and how to work around those limitations
- How to smoothly blend different types of game designs with different types of instructional content resources to achieve transferable and measurable learning outcomes
- How to adapt games and gamification to a playground environment to invite exploration
- How to adapt games and gamification to a tough test situation to authenticate knowledge transfer
Learning professionals interested in using games and gamification to make employee learning more engaging and fun.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST