- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Build Your Own 2-D Learning Games
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - September 9, 2015
Sr. Learning Experience Designer
Many people believe that creating learning games is difficult to do. They believe they can’t afford to take classes and it would be too costly to hire a vendor and multimedia team. Then there are the people who think games are ineffective, flashy, and do not support learning.
But creating effective learning games is easy if you have the right resources. Participants in this session will gain resources for developing their first 2-D game in less than a weekend. You’ll get samples, tutorials, and data on how long it takes and how much it costs for Melissa to create games herself. You’ll explore a variety of 2-D games, including games that weave in scenario-based learning and other effective types of learning design. You’ll also see how you can integrate games into eLearning and mLearning. And even if you don’t plan to create learning games yourself, you’ll find out what it takes to create a game, making it even easier for you to communicate with game vendors.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get started developing your own 2-D learning games
- About the time and cost for developing specific types of games
- About the types of games you can develop and how they can benefit your learners
- How to integrate games into most authoring tools for learning
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers. Attendees should have some experience with eLearning development tools and graphics software, like Photoshop. They do not need to be experts in either.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager