- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Emerging Roles of the 21st-century Learning Professional
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - October 28, 2015
Learning Experience Design Consultant
Connie Malamed Consulting
The convergence of cultural and technological drivers is changing the learning landscape. The skills that have taken us this far may not be enough to carry us into the future. Learning professionals must prepare to meet the demands of the new 21st-century learning ecosystem. Directors and managers must identify how to support the learning and development function of the future.
Participants in this session will examine the effects that new technologies, collaboration, B.Y.O.D., and social media will have on the learning and performance field. You’ll explore how we must change our roles to meet the demands of the 21st-century workforce. You’ll learn what you can expect in the future and how to prepare for our changing roles. You’ll leave this session understanding how to support the 21st-century workforce so your organization can stay ahead of the curve.
In this session, you will learn:
- How changes in culture and technology affect the learning and performance ecosystem
- How current and future workforce members can benefit from new learning technologies
- The emerging roles of learning professionals who want to support the future workforce
- How organizations can support the new learning and performance ecosystem
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
Please note that the Adobe Connect recording of Connie Malamed's session (201) had some technical issues. We have instead posted an MP4 recording of the session, which does not have the full functionality of an Adobe Connect recording.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)