- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Quantum LEaP: A Framework for Designing Informal Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - November 19, 2015
There is a lot of talk about informal learning, but what are you doing to design it? Informal does not have to mean unplanned. What if there was a proven way to influence the 70 and 20 in the 70:20:10 mix everyone is buzzing about? Do you know how to extend learning beyond the classroom in your organization? Simply put, ADDIE falls down when it comes to designing informal learning. Without a methodology or structure, how do you decide what should be the 10 and what should be in the 70:20? How do you know you are teaching the right topics?
Participants will learn to put their learning design into the framework of the Five Moments of Learning Need. You will also learn about the Learning Experience and Performance (LEaP) plan.
In this session, you will learn:
- Review the Five Moments of Learning Need and how they apply an appropriate mix of formal and informal learning
- Explore the structure and purpose of the learning experience and performance plan
- How the LEaP plan blends deliberate instructional design with just-in-time attributes inherent in informal learning
- How the LEaP plan can be leveraged for learning, performance support, or a combination of both types of projects
Intermediate and advanced designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager