- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Connected: Research-based Principles for Enriching Social Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - November 19, 2015
Learning 4 Learning Professionals
Many organizations have experienced challenges with building online communities and enabling peer-to-peer learning through a variety of social tools. Learning professionals often don’t understand why social learning takes off among one group of learners but doesn’t seem to work well with others. The benefits of social learning supported by online tools can be frustratingly elusive.
In this session, you will explore the insights researchers studying social learning provide us with that can inform our learning strategy. You will learn what draws people into relationships that promote learning. You will examine the various dynamics of social learning processes. Participants will leave this session with practical advice related to promoting online social learning activities.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to assess the readiness of your organization or learner groups for engaging with social learning tools and strategies
- How to identify and leverage the social learning dynamics appropriate to the needs of your learners
- Research-based recommendations for ensuring the effectiveness of your social learning approach
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA
- Freelance ID/Technical Document Writer
Jersey City, New Jersey, US