- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Everyday Workplace Learning: A Quick Guide for L&D
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - November 18, 2015
Modern Workplace Learning Advisor
Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies
In the modern workplace, individuals learn not just from the formal learning events that have been organized for them, but every day from their work experiences as they carry out their jobs and from other personal informal learning activities, particularly on the web.
The role of learning and development (L&D) in supporting everyday workplace learning is quite different from designing, delivering, and managing traditional training or eLearning. In this session, you will consider some of the new ways in which you can help to promote, enable, and support everyday learning by working alongside managers and your teams, as well as the new skills required for this new area of work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to help managers understand the importance of everyday learning and the part they play in it
- How to help individuals extract learning from their daily work
- How to help individuals carry out a planned daily learning workout
- How to help individuals share what they learn with one another
- How to help managers measure the effectiveness of everyday learning
Learners who want to find out about how to support everyday workplace learning.
Handouts are available for The eLearning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for The eLearning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company