- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing Assessments to Support Your Project Goal
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2016 - January 20, 2016
Senior eLearning Designer
Traditional eLearning: Read, click. Read, click. Zone out, click, click, click. Answer questions, or worst of all, check the box that you have read the content. Argh! How often are eLearning assessments merely tests of reading comprehension? Yes, we want to assess knowledge, but knowing something does not confirm ability. As eLearning professionals, we know that we can create behavior changes in our learners, but our business partners aren’t always convinced.
During this session, we will crowdsource your ideas and explore the many ways we can assess outcomes. Then we’ll look at the importance of creating granular objectives and mapping our assessments to each one to ensure we are meeting the overall goal of the course. We will also step back and revisit our objectives to consider if we are really planning for doing versus knowing. You’ll leave this session with a mindmap method that visualizes the process in a single page.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a variety of assessments
- How to rewrite objectives to ensure assessable, measurable outcomes
- How to align assessments with outcomes
- How to reassure stakeholders that learners will not only know that they know, but also show that they know
Beginner and intermediate designers with some instructional design background.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development