- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Science of Attention, Willpower, and Decision Making
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2016 - January 21, 2016
A number of myths persist about people’s allegedly ever-shortening attention spans—but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how we manage and allocate attention. Additionally, our ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to our ability to allocate willpower and make decisions.
In this session, you will learn what the current science says about how attention, willpower, and decision making interact, and how that should influence the design of eLearning environments. Having a deeper understanding of this topic will help you create more engaging and effective learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load and glucose usage influence willpower
- How we allocate and manage attention
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision making to create better eLearning
Intermediate and advanced designers and managers.
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer