- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Science of Attention, Willpower, and Decision Making
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2016 - January 21, 2016
A number of myths persist about people’s allegedly ever-shortening attention spans—but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how we manage and allocate attention. Additionally, our ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to our ability to allocate willpower and make decisions.
In this session, you will learn what the current science says about how attention, willpower, and decision making interact, and how that should influence the design of eLearning environments. Having a deeper understanding of this topic will help you create more engaging and effective learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load and glucose usage influence willpower
- How we allocate and manage attention
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision making to create better eLearning
Intermediate and advanced designers and managers.
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager