- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
eLearning Templates: From Concept to Design
Online Events Archive
The Video Revolution Spotlight 2016 - April 20, 2016
Chief NuggetHead and Owner
When people hear the word “template,” many immediately think of the simple templates in PowerPoint. There is much more to a template, especially for an eLearning project, than a set of background slides. A true template is a pattern that can be repurposed multiple times. Not only does a solid template include graphics and branding guidelines, it should also include the mechanics of how it behaves.
In this session, you will explore the value of templates and the critical components needed to build one. You will explore different types of elements used in templates and different types of template layouts for content and interactions. You will learn what a template should include, such as the same font family, colors, and any other icons or graphics used throughout. You will explore a sample concept, and by the end of the session, you will have the suggested steps to plan and design a template for eLearning projects that can be repurposed.
In this session, you will learn:
- To conceptualize a template for repurpose
- To understand the differences between global and isolated elements
- About content vs. interaction layouts
- About interaction and assessment template design
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager