- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Building a Project Charter (in 45 Minutes or Less)
Online Events Archive
Instructional Development Spotlight 2016 - July 20, 2016
Director of Learning Services
Russell Martin & Associates, a Moser company
Amid chaos and multitasking, focus is a valuable commodity. People are managing multiple projects that require multiple stakeholders. Project work looks more like a flash mob these days. People converge in a one-hour meeting, make very little progress, and disperse. How can there be time for project management? A better question: How can people expect to innovate and grow if they cannot complete projects effectively?
In this closing session, you’ll discover the secret to project velocity—the project charter. Stop creating the project schedule before you know WHY the project is happening and its ROI. Using a customer case study, the group will explore the usage of the project charter while each attendee builds one.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to establish the business objective and scope for project sponsor approval
- How to identify the project objectives that define the metrics
- How to analyze risk, constraints, communication, and decision-making
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)