- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Bridging the Gap Between Designing and Developing for eLearning
Online Events Archive
Boosting Your Design Skills Spotlight 2017 - June 7, 2017
Chief NuggetHead and Owner
Instructional designers today often find themselves in charge of most, if not all, of the overall learning experience design of their eLearning projects—including designing instructions, visuals, interactions, assessments, and even user interfaces. That’s a lot of design work! And while popular authoring tools technically allow you to jump straight into development, skipping a thoughtful design phase can have real costs, as changes in the development phase take substantially longer than those in the design phase. Investing a bit more time up front in design can save you a significant amount of time over the course of your project. But what exact design processes should you use to do this?
In this session, you’ll find out about the design considerations you’ll want to make before even opening up your eLearning authoring tools. You’ll look in depth at processes to help you explore and outline your design choices, such as storyboards, visual models, and style guides. You’ll also find out how these processes can help you manage stakeholder expectations, set up your development phase to be more efficient, and prevent the need for time-consuming design changes after you’ve entered development.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the various design hats that you might wear during an eLearning project
- How to quickly design visual models to help manage stakeholder expectations
- How style guides can minimize mistakes during development
- How to document a storyboard that speaks the language of development
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA