- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting Started with Construct
Online Events Archive
Building Games on a Shoestring Spotlight 2017 - October 4, 2017
Senior Multimedia Developer
Gamification, game-based learning, serious games: Whatever term is in vogue, creating games for the express intent of educating relies on someone actually making the games. With a plethora of tools available, it can be frustrating to even get started. And once you do, these tools can completely paralyze with their labyrinthine menus, options, and features. Oh, and you say you’re an instructional designer without a hardcore coding background? Add the worries of cost to the mix, and you have yourself a terrifying beast to tame.
Luckily, with a bit of guidance, it’s not actually that scary to start making games. This session will explore the game creation tool Construct. Construct’s graphically driven event system invites developers of all levels to get started making 2-D HTML5-based games right away. You’ll explore which version of Construct is right for you, play around with Construct’s various plugins and behaviors, and outline just a few of the myriad deployment options Construct offers.
In this session, you will learn:
- When to use Construct 2/3 and how to consider Construct 2 vs. 3
- How to get started with Construct 2’s events, plugins, and behaviors
- About publishing and deployment options for Construct projects
- About resources that can help you take your Construct projects from great to awesome (or even non-working to working!)
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)