- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Storyboarding Techniques for Designing an eLearning Simulation
Online Events Archive
Getting Started with Simulations Spotlight 2018 - April 4, 2018
Chief NuggetHead and Owner
L&D practitioners are constantly looking for ways to innovate and create more immersive learning experiences, and learners want a deeper interactive experience. Fortunately, the barrier to entry with emerging technology has lowered to allow anyone with an idea to take their designs to the next level. That’s great news, but where does one start? A simulation is one approach to elevate a learning experience, and it starts with design. It starts with a storyboard.
A well-designed scenario can be a great learning experience, but when the solution calls for a simulation, your design strategy needs to change. This session will cover how a simulation is different from a scenario and explore tips for getting started with storyboarding a design for a simulation. You’ll also explore available tools and techniques for effective storyboarding. The important thing to note is design before development; whatever you can design, the technology will always be available.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the differences between scenarios and simulations
- The fundamentals of getting started with storyboarding a simulation
- Why it’s important for design to start on paper before development
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager