- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Tools and Techniques for Producing Authentic Video-Based Simulations
Online Events Archive
Getting Started with Simulations Spotlight 2018 - April 4, 2018
There are several types of simulations, and they address performance gaps in various job functions. Ultimately, the type you choose for your training comes down to one question: Are you trying to fill a hard or soft skills performance gap? If the answer is soft skills, you may want to look at producing an authentic video-based simulation to fill the gap.
This session will explore the makeup of an authentic video-based simulation. You will learn how to design a best-practice video-based simulation storyboard, and you’ll learn about tools and techniques you can use in creating the final product. In addition, you will look at project management, dialogue vs. narration, set direction, shooting for the edit, and programming.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define an authentic video-based simulation
- About the elements of an effective storyboard for a video-based simulation
- Practical techniques to use during a video shoot, including for lighting, teleprompter, and direction
- About tools for efficient and effective post-production and programming of simulation assets
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager