- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing for Clarity: Graphic Design Tips for Non-Graphic Designers
Online Events Archive
eLearning Foundations Spotlight 2018 - December 13, 2018
Sr. Manager of Programming
The eLearning Guild
Good graphic design has the power to catch (and keep) people's interest, clarify difficult concepts, organize materials more effectively, and add a professional polish to your work. But when the graphic design for eLearning is done poorly, you get text that no one can read on screen, images that don’t match the topic or have been seen a thousand times before, layouts that are impossible to follow, or materials that your audience considers too amateur-looking to take seriously.
While there’s no substitute for a trained graphic designer, there are quite a few tricks and tips that can help even the least visually inclined person make eLearning that looks and functions more effectively. In this session, you will learn some basic design approaches that can provide immediate improvements to your work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How good graphic design can make your eLearning easier to understand and more interesting to your audience
- Strategies for choosing effective fonts and color schemes
- How to choose images that enhance your content, and budget-friendly options that can help you find or create the images you need
- Simple tips for creating eLearning layouts that are polished-looking and easy for people to navigate
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA