- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Practice Makes Perfect: Immersive Learning Environments on a Budget
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - January 20, 2011
President of Learning Services
Director, Global Organizational Development
Faced with the challenge of tight e-Learning project budgets, many project teams turn to templated tools for development, which may constrain the instructional designers and may not effectively allow for virtual practice.
This session will demonstrate concrete strategies for creating inexpensive but engaging immersive learning environments that allow for virtual practice of skills and transfer of learning. In this session, you will see concrete examples from four e-Learning programs and you will walk away with immediately implementable ideas and strategies.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to effectively use illustrations in immersive learning environments (ILEs)
- How to apply non-linear navigational strategies to ILEs
- How to build scored assessments into ILEs
- How to engage learners through humor
- How to control project expenses through creative designs
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK