- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Pushing the Envelope: Transition from Knowledge- to Scenario-based e-Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - January 20, 2011
Corporate Vice President, eLearning & Operations.
New York Life Insurance Company
The business world is constantly evolving, and with that evolution comes an increased need for new employee training and examination of existing training. Do any of these things apply to your learning organization: existing e-Learning is a mix of page turners and online picture books, several paper-based courses need revamping, learners aren’t engaged, training isn’t impacting on-the-job performance, or management wants to take advantage of newer technology?
Participants in this session will learn how to lay a foundation and create a plan to transition to scenario-based e-Learning. Transitioning isn’t about breaking the sound barrier on your first attempt, but incrementally enhancing your e-Learning offerings utilizing existing resources. With so many exciting options available, learning teams can get caught up researching how to achieve the option that most excites them. This session will help you create a path of building on each success until you reach your end goal. It will help you think beyond your end goal to consider options that seem unattainable.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to select which courses to transition from knowledge-based to scenario-based
- How to leverage and improve existing staff’s skill set to develop scenario-based training
- Techniques for adding scenario-based elements to your e-Learning
- Methods for ensuring user success
- How to quantify the results of the scenario-based training
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST