- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Incorporating Inexpensive Learner-centric Techniques
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - January 21, 2011
Global Channel Training
We would all like to have snappy animations and intricate games that engage learners and pull them into the content. Learner-centric approaches are a hot topic and a big challenge to designers and developers who have little time and less budget. Designers and developers are challenged to find new ways to get the learner engaged. Even without using Flash there are quick and effective ways to get the results they want.
Participants in this session will learn some straight-forward techniques and tools that puts the learner first, gets them engaged early in the course, and maintains their interest. You’ll examine some examples of successful learner-centric training, label the characteristics, and break down some techniques that you can apply immediately for results. You’ll leave with a better understanding and some applications you can use.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to engage learners with simple learner-centric techniques
- How to identify components of effective learner-centric design
- Ways to avoid turning the learner off
- Approaches you can incorporate immmediately
- How to distinguish between content-centric and learner-centric training
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)