- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Applying Agile Game Development Techniques to e-Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - February 17, 2011
eLearning Instructional Designer
Lowe's Home Improvement
Performance Consultant for Learning Technology
In e-Learning today, there is a move away from simple PowerPoint-style page turners to more complex solutions such as games, simulations, and branching scenarios. But this creates a problem: How do you develop more complex and creative solutions in the short time frames you have available? Software engineering adopted Agile principles, but how do you adapt those principles to the smaller scale of most e-Learning programs?
Using methods from Agile software development, the gaming industry, and experience, participants in this session will learn how to shorten the development time for complex and creative e-Learning solutions while keeping the stakeholders engaged in the process. You will learn how to develop solutions through iterative modeling and why you should release functional builds at each stage. You will also learn how to use reuse and update methods to shorten future development cycles.
In this session, you will learn:
- How and why to maintain a functioning model throughout the development process
- How to apply some Agile software-development principles to shorten e-Learning development cycles
- How to develop e-Learning solutions with a forward-looking approach that will shorten and improve your future development
Handouts are available for The eLearning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for The eLearning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company