- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using the Agile/Scrum Process in Developing Learning Paths
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - February 18, 2011
Manager Support Operations
SunGard Public Sector
Sr. Software Consultant/Instructor
SunGard Public Sector
For SunGard Public Sector, finding the time to properly train employees on applications has always been difficult historically. Many employees learned by jumping in without any formal training. Additionally, many areas of the SunGard organization have only one subject matter expert (SME) who holds all the knowledge on an application. This puts SunGard’s customers, employees, and the company itself at risk if SMEs were to leave the company.
Agile/Scrum is a methodology that SunGard successfully implemented for developing their newest software products. However, Agile/Scrum can also be applied to non-software development. To address the training needs of the next SME for applications where they had very few SMEs, Sungard formed a Scrum team with members from all areas of the company. They then developed a generic framework with the Scrum team that could be applied to all their applications.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how to successfully use the Agile/Scrum process across departments on non-software-development projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the Agile/Scrum process
- How to apply Agile/Scrum to non-software-development projects and processes
- The benefits of using Agile/Scrum
- How SunGard Public Sector used Agile/Scrum to develop employee learning paths
- How SunGard Public Sector successfully brought together departments across the organization to work on this project
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager