- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
High Volume e-Learning Production on a Low Budget
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - February 18, 2011
Sr. Learning Strategist
Pacific Gas & Electric
How do you support a changing pool of contract course developers and internal subject experts as they create hundreds of e-Learning courses with little to no budget? Non-training experts need simple, easy-to-use, yet powerful tools and templates to make engaging, interactive, scenario-driven e-Learning. These tools and templates must be accessible in a self-help model, where anyone can use them with little support.
This case-study session will show participants a variety of tools and templates that support course developers and subject experts through both active “consulting” and “hands-off” websites. You’ll learn the importance of standards and guidelines in course development, and how PG&E Academy uses a combination of PowerPoint with Articulate Studio ‘09 and Camtasia. You’ll also learn about tools such as SharePoint, GoToMeeting, Genesys Conference Center, SAP's Learning Management System, QuestionMark Perception, and Oracle's UPK.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the technologies, tools, templates, and self-help e-Learning support materials used at PG&E
- How to distinguish between a simple and a robust production process when developing, implementing, and evaluating blended learning
- How to use self-help tools, internal consulting, mentoring, and social-networking tools to help developers and non-developers
- How PG&E Academy ensures quality and strives for positive results in each phase of the production process and program life cycle
- How you can apply the technologies, tools, templates, and best practices from this session in your own organization
Panelists: Carol Dietz-Walker, Suzanne Lightstone, Max Mishka
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA