- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Down-and-Dirty Visual Training in Under an Hour
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - April 14, 2011
Owner and Principal Consultant
For years, software training was primarily text-based with a few screen shots. Then, in the 1990s, the first mainstream e-Learning tools appeared: ScreenCam, Qarbon Viewlet Builder, Camtasia, RoboDemo (now Captivate), and others. These tools let us create e-Learning in days rather than weeks or months. If we’re willing to accept “good enough” rather than “perfect” results, we can even create e-Learning in hours. It won’t be perfect, but it will do the job.
Participants in this session will see this “down-and-dirty” development capability by watching the creation of a small e-Learning movie from start to finish in under an hour. You’ll learn how to define the task, set up the authoring tool, capture the screens, and add a basic set of features such as text captions, interactivity, and a title. At the end, you’ll see a rough but usable movie. This demo is based on Adobe Captivate 5, but you could create the movie using similar tools such as Camtasia or Mimic.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define a minimal set of properties for the authoring tool in general and the movie in particular
- How to think out the task to record and test the flow by performing quick dry runs
- How to create a rough movie consisting of captured screen frames
- How to decide how much to enhance those frames (“good enough” versus “perfect”)
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK