- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Social Learning in Practice: Separating Truth from Myth. Reality from Hype
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - May 12, 2011
CEO & Chief Solution Architect
Social media is fast becoming the next "must do," "must have" answer to many problems organizations face today. Social networks, micro-blogging, podcasting, and YouTube-like videos are proving essential to developing truly better, faster, and cheaper learning and performance solutions. But with the news and excitement comes hype and hyperbole, often leaving us confused about what’s true and what’s not, what’s reality and what’s not. What is “social learning,” and what problems can really be effectively addressed by social-learning solutions?
Participants in this session will learn about the most popular categories of social-media tools and how these tools can be used for learning. You will examine case studies from four major global organizations to learn what has worked for them and why. In these studies, you will see social-media approaches and tools in action, and the thinking that powers social learning. You’ll see what’s possible and what’s effective so you can develop an understanding of when you should or shouldn’t incorporate these tools into your learning architecture and solution set. And, you then will be able to draw your own conclusions about what separates social-learning truths from myths and realities from hype.
In this session you will learn:
- About the range of available social-learning tools and approaches
- How to apply social-learning tools and approaches to solve real organizational problems
- From the experiences of four major organizations who have applied social learning to solving problems
- Tips and tricks to help ensure your success with social learning in your organization
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager