- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Eight Truths of Social Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - May 13, 2011
Vice President, Product Management
Social learning is more than just a fad. Learning Solutions Magazine listed increased social-media acceptance of as one of their “10 wishes for 2011,” and T+D magazine recently highlighted social learning as a trend that companies should integrate into their e-Learning programs. Social technologies such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are here to stay, so it’s important for the learning industry to determine how and how fast to leverage these technologies for social learning.
Participants in this session will learn about the “eight truths of social learning” that are most important to organizations implementing social-learning programs. You will gain insights into cross-generational appeal, discovery of knowledgeable colleagues, shared best practices and capture of tacit knowledge, intuitive technology use and easy roll-out, enhancing learning programs, respect for privacy, ownership of user-generated content, and safe, trusted, proven environments.
In this session, you will learn:
- The challenges and benefits of implementing social-learning programs within organizations
- The eight truths of social learning and how you can apply these truths to your social-learning program
- About tools you can leverage to enhance your social-learning programs
- About success stories from organizations that have introduced social-learning programs
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager