- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
3-D Virtual Learning: Take Another Look. Cheaper, Easier, and More Robust
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - June 2, 2011
Senior Learning Strategist
The Regis Company
Many people anticipated 3-D virtual worlds to be the darlings of the learning industry. These worlds would provide immersive learning experiences while saving travel time and costs. Unfortunately, development issues in public platforms, security and download issues for private platforms, and clunky user experiences have created a negative perception of virtual worlds. In the past year or so, however, much has improved. Technology vendors have fixed old 3-D tools and introduced a plethora of new tools, giving learning-delivery specialists good reason to take another look at this promising technology.
Participants in this session will learn about many of the virtual-world issues that surfaced in 2009 data, and how current 3-D technology provides more robust solutions. You’ll see case examples of virtual-world use that shows a strong return on investment (ROI) and positive user feedback, and you’ll learn how current technologies have lowered costs and made development easier.
In this session, you will learn:
- What is new to 3-D worlds that provide a better user experience
- How thin-client solutions compare to thick-client solutions for download and fidelity issues
- About newer cost models that enable rapid and inexpensive entry into 3-D learning
- What factors to consider when selecting a 3-D learning environment
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager