- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Leveraging SharePoint for Shared Learning
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - June 2, 2011
Director, Academy Training and Development
There are numerous free online services available today that allow you to ask questions, post comments, share pictures and documents, and generally engage with other people, including your learners. Many organizations, however, forbid or block services such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Google Docs. So, how can you engage your learners inside your organization’s firewall?
In this session, participants will learn how Microsoft SharePoint 3.0 and other “enterprise collaboration software” makes learning content inside the firewall easy to edit, categorize, and search. You’ll see how enterprise collaboration software can help learners get what they need when they need it while also allowing them to contribute their own content and insight. You’ll specifically see how the combination of SharePoint and some creative design is successfully supporting learners’ needs, and come away with real-life examples to try in your own organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How SharePoint uses Web 2.0 features to enhance learner engagement
- How templates make it quick and easy to get started
- How you can use blogs as your Question and Answer site
- How wikis can support group scripting and whiteboarding
- How “document libraries” give learners access to additional research and activities
- How you can use SharePoint Designer to access advanced capabilities
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library