- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Secrets of Simulation Design: How to Create Effective Performance Simulation
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - June 3, 2011
Senior Director, Strategy & Innovation
Performance Development Group
“Simulation” has become a buzzword in the learning space, and a great deal of confusing and contradictory information has flooded communication channels. What types of problems can simulations help solve? What are characteristics of effective simulations?
Participants in this session will examine myths and misconceptions about simulation, learn about appropriate uses of simulation for different types of problems, and glimpse effective approaches for simulation design. You’ll learn what simulation is and isn’t, how simulation contextualizes learning and leads to improved performance, how you can use simulation for maximum learning effectiveness, and how the advent of virtual-world platforms such as Second Life and ProtoSphere are changing the simulation landscape. You’ll also learn how to avoid common mistakes in designing and using simulation, and how to begin developing a strategy for using simulation in your environment.
In this session, you will learn:
- The attributes of effective simulations (and of really bad simulations)
- How to create compelling simulations through the use of storytelling
- What types of content lend themselves well to simulation
- When simulations are most effective — and when they are not
- How technology enhances — but doesn't drive — simulation
- How well-known learning strategies can incorporate simulation effectively
- How virtual worlds have created a new dimension in simulation
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)