- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Playing with Engagement: Understanding Engagement through the Lens of Games
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - June 3, 2011
Formalized education often comes in a one-size-fits-all package that neither reflects the way people learn nor the way they will use the information they are supposed to learn. To support effective learning, training deliverables must keep students engaged with the content. Training professionals have long incorporated games and gaming principles into learning environments as a way to keep students engaged with content. Game elements such as story, media, and graphics combine to trigger competition, cooperation, and goal development, and they drive user engagement.
Participants in this session will explore the use of games and other tactics specifically for the purposes of engaging learners and increasing knowledge retention. You’ll learn how to use games to create learning experiences that improve real-world performance.
In this session you will learn:
- How you can use games to engage your learners
- How games can provide learning experiences that improve real-world performance
- How you can use games to increase knowledge retention through student motivation
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager