- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Be a Video Rockstar
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - July 21, 2011
You've seen the cringe-worthy videos that people post on their websites and YouTube. You don't want to be one of those people. You want your videos to connect and captivate your viewers and build trusting relationships. To do that, you need your video subjects to be themselves. Yet the moment many people get in front of a camera, they get self-conscious, freeze like a deer in headlights, or become some over-the-top version of themselves. Stop sending mixed messages where what your subject says and how the video looks are incongruent. Control your visuals so your message is louder than your distracting video mistakes.
As a participant in this session, you will learn how to avoid common video mistakes and help your video subjects be themselves so viewers are not distracted or turned off by your subjects’ behavior or words. You’ll learn how viewers perceive your subject. You’ll see the #1 mistake that causes viewers to abandon a video. You’ll learn the three-step process for being a video rockstar. (Why stop at just being good? You'll want to rock your videos!) And you’ll hear the top three secrets for producing the biggest positive change in your videos.
In this session, you will learn:
- How viewers perceive your subjects
- How to create instant connections with your viewers
- The top five mistakes that turn viewers off in the first 10 seconds
- The three-step process for becoming a video rockstar
- The three changes that will produce the biggest positive impact in your videos
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)