- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Making the Move to HTML5 Video
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - July 22, 2011
Strategic Initiatives Program Manager
Pearson School Systems
HTML5 is all the rage right now, but how easy is it to implement? Video is only one particular area of interest, but is there any advantage to making the move to HTML5? What must you consider if you decide it's worth transitioning?
Participants in this case-study session will learn about THiNQ Ed's experience in researching and implementing an HTML5 video solution for their software tutorials. You'll explore the considerations, challenges, and benefits experienced in making the move, and you’ll learn about some tools THiNQ Ed used and built to create more added value because of the switch.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between and advantages/disadvantages of Flash players vs. HTML5 video
- About the critical assessments you must make before moving to HTML5 video
- How to create shortcuts and workflows to implement HTML5 video
- How to use a captioning system and tools
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer