- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Manager Engagement and Informal Learning Measurement Approaches
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - August 18, 2011
Director, Solutions Engineering
Two emerging issues have the potential to transform workplace learning and development: manager engagement and informal learning. Manager engagement entails ensuring that learners’ managers understand the manager’s role in supporting learners on the job. Informal learning describes knowledge transfer that occurs without the assistance of a structured curriculum. Organizations now find they need to measure both manager engagement and informal learning to effectively manage these emerging areas, validate their investments, and create sustainable change.
Participants in this session will learn more about manager engagement and informal learning and techniques for measuring these emerging areas.
In this session you will learn:
- Best practices for measuring manager engagement in your organization
- How to apply research data on informal learning to assess the state of informal learning in your organization
- Approaches for measuring informal learning effectiveness and quality
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK