- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Training Design for Global Audiences
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - September 15, 2011
Christopher Deal, Ph.D.
Deal Global Communication
A key impact of globalization is that organizations are now managing a truly global workforce, and learning professionals are increasingly being asked to design for and train global audiences. Learning professionals are discovering that training designs created for U.S. participants often do not translate well overseas. The ability to leverage cultural differences in value orientations, relational styles, behavioral norms, communication patterns, and leadership preferences can result in new or increased organizational capabilities. However, accounting for these differences among learners presents a significant challenge for instructional designers.
Participants in this will explore a new framework for designing training programs for specific non-U.S. audiences. You’ll use this framework to identify key considerations that inform the design process, including examples from training in China, and apply the framework by generating implications and examples for a hypothetical training program for a non-U.S. audience. You’ll have the opportunity to generate significant insights into global instructional design and to learn from the speakers' on-the-ground experiences designing for and training global audiences.
In this session, you will learn
- About a new framework for designing training for global audience
- How to use key design considerations for specific groups, including learners in China
- How to apply the framework to real-world global training design challenges in your organization
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager