- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Death of the Human Instructor, Rise of the Machine
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - September 15, 2011
Department Head, Chemistry
Thomas Nelson Community College
Advanced Science and Automation Corp.
Online learning environments offer many advantages over traditional classroom instruction in terms of cost, convenience, accessibility, quality, and uniformity. Organizations can realize the greatest cost savings from online learning by shifting from instructor-delivered online courses to fully automated learning environments. The main elements of an effective, fully automated online course include a robust learning management system (LMS), fully automated content delivery using text-to-speech technology, highly visual course presentation using animated 2D and 3D illustrations synchronized with course delivery, automated student assessments, interactive 2D and 3D activities with single or multi-participant formats, advanced computer interfaces including voice recognition and haptic devices for learning tasks that require hand-eye coordination, and computerized discussion capabilities that can interpret natural-language questions
Participants in this session will learn about some successfully implemented, fully automated online courses that teach undergraduate university physics, computer numeric control (CNC) machining, welding, and pump maintenance.
In this session you will learn:
- The definition of a fully automated online course
- The most important elements of an online course with fully automated delivery
- How to design interactive content that will be effective in a fully automated course
- How fully automated online courses compare with traditional classroom instruction
- Why fully automated is the course-delivery method of the future
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to the recording. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager