- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
On the Horizon: Building the Instructional Designer’s Relevance in 2012
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2011 - December 9, 2011
With Enterprise 2.0, businesses are shifting from top-down models of information dissemination to “outside-in” models of knowledge exchange. The traditional Learning and Development department is shifting to becoming a service provider powered by informal and social learning.
This means that instead of focusing on formal training, Instructional Designers (IDs) need to become more consultative and solutions-focused because the dynamic nature of business requires a workforce more responsive to trends in customer’s needs. Rather than merely make people “aware” of policies, processes, and products, and given the speed and the amount of information, IDs must promote new information and influence organizational changes. Tomorrow is a whole new day!
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify key characteristics of how organizational learning is changing into social business
- To differentiate between strategic design challenges vs. tactical or operational design decisions
- To link design activities inside the organization to the larger context of business effectiveness
- How to explain the benefits of an internal information campaign in the context of continuous improvement for an organization
- How to prepare a list of subjects worthy of personal professional development in 2012 for 2013 and beyond
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO