- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Comic Genius: Professional Development One Strip at a Time
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2012 - February 24, 2012
Director of Online Education
Many people think that eLearning is boring. Unfortunately, these people are often correct. So how do you create eLearning that’s not only not boring, but that learners will immediately recognize as something different and interesting?
Participants in this session will learn a whole new way to deliver eLearning content: comics. You’ll explore why comic strips are inherently more interesting to learners and why learners eagerly return to comics-based eLearning. You’ll also learn how to create your own comic strips that engage learners, maximize knowledge retention, and bring life and laughter to the perceived boredom of eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The best way to start a comic strip
- How to get the appropriate content into the strip
- How to keep learners engaged
- How to increase learners’ knowledge retention
- Tips on color and shape
- Tips on tools and resources
Handouts are available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for eLearning members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA